Meditation - level 2
When I first started meditating, my average thoughts during a meditation session were something like this:
- Damn it's uncomfortable sitting like this
- I wonder how much time has passed?
- DAMN focus on the breath, not on the time!
- Why am I even doing this?
- It'd be so cool to own a lightsaber
- F O C U S • O N • T H E • B R E A T H
- How the fuck do I even breathe?
I've been meditating for about 3 months now. Today, my thoughts were something like this:
- I should've slept more last night
- Damn I'm looking forward for my upcoming roadtrip
- Busy mind today, eh?
The main difference is the ability to let the thoughts pass. You just observe them, without thinking about them. It's not about how long you can go without a single thought, it's about accepting that thought and moving on to the next breath.
It's interesting to see the progress (though it's kinda difficult to pinpoint what exactly has changed). Hopefully I will reach the next level at some point and be able to document it.
✌🏼 Like my content? Subscribe via RSS feed.