Summer vacation in 2 batches
Instead of having one 4-week summer vacation, I like to have 2-week vacation, followed by 2 weeks of work, followed by another 2-week vacation. Here's why:
- 4-week vacation is so long that I kinda get bored at the end of it
- Boredom is good, but since it's the only vacation in Finland when it's actually warm I kinda get fomo about not enjoying the most out of it
- The 2-week work period between holidays don't really feel like work because your stress levels are already low (Because you just came from holiday, and you're about to go to another one. You aren't constantly under work stress)
- Traveling or doing stuff for 4 weeks in a row is exhausting, so you can use that 2-week work period to kinda wind down and prepare for your second holiday :D
- You get 2 "OH SHIT IT'S THE HOLIDAY" moments
I love traveling and doing stuff, but can't do it 4 weeks in a row. This way I feel like I get more out of my holidays.
✌🏼 Like my content? Subscribe via RSS feed.